'”

Friday, September 1, 2017

In the Blink of an Eye

Seven years ago I started a blog that I called "My Little Observations"  I had a total of 5 followers, and after 15 posts, I abandoned it.  Had I run out of observations?  Who knows? Today I stumbled upon it - I'm not even sure how - and decided to try to resurrect it. So, with a new name (along with the 15 original posts) I have decided to try again.  Full disclosure - I am not a professional writer, nor will I ever pretend to be.  I have no idea what I will write about, or if it will even be interesting - or if my original 5 fans will even give me another shot.  But in any event, here I go!

The title of this post "In the Blink of an Eye" can mean many different things to many people.  Life does tend to pass us by in the blink of an eye.

Seven years ago, my mom was living with Alzheimer's, however, she still knew who I was.  Over the course of this past year, she know longer knew her children, was moved into assisted living, then within 5 months she was in hospice. She became a Great-Grandma for the 4th time, the day before she passed away.



Five years ago there were 2 awesome kids that called me "Gramma".
Ava at the time was 6 years old, and starting 1st grade. She is now in 6th grade!






 Rhys was only 3 1/2, and is now in 3rd grade - I swear they are growing up faster than my own did.




Three years ago, little Miss Isla came along to join Son Justin,
daughter-in-love, Emily, Ava and Rhys. I can't even remember what it was like before she arrived!

Son Brandon married our lovely daughter-in-love, Giouli 2 years ago and is living full-time in the UK.  Just 5 months ago, they started  their family with their son Orestes, and in the blink of an eye, I am now Gramma to 4 of the most wonderful kids!

Youngest son Zac is now gainfully employed and living on his own with my "Grand-pup" Diesel

Deanna and her pup Roxie are in Bozeman, MT - that has not changed, however she is now in college, and very close to earning her degree in Entomology.

7Husband Tony has been at several different trucking companies over the past 7 years, with the ever-changing industry. Praying this current company will take us into retirement!

Summer itself has passed us by in the blink of an eye, but I have always looked forward to each and every season.  Even though I am not quite into the Pumpkin and Spice state of mind just yet, I know that it will just be a matter of time for me to get out all of the fall decor and change things up.

So much can happen in the span of 5 years - vacations, parties, births and deaths, relationships solidify, and others dissolve, hairstyles (don't get me started) and all of ups and downs of this crazy journey that we call life.  One would think that maybe we ought to stop blinking, so that life will slow down a bit, but I want to live each moment to the fullest - feel all of the joy as well as the hurt.  I want to keep experiencing life, and all of it's lessons, and be content with knowing that I am just trying to live my life to the fullest. 





4 comments: